This College has separate hostel accommodation for male and female students. The hostel is within the college campus and it takes only a few minutes to reach the college. The rooms are well designed and suitable for students to stay. The authority offers the hostel at low cost. Students can stay the whole educational year in colleges.
Library is open from 8am to 8pm on all working days of the week except Friday. The Library is closed on national holidays. Students are allowed to read in the library. Students have the permission to borrow books from the library.
What facilities students will get in the library?
There are lots of facilities a student will get here:
Enough Space: The College has a modern fully air conditioned library located on the first floor. The library has a collection of over 6674 books including expensive latest monographs. It subscribes 16 international medical journals on an annual basis.
Location: It is located in the college campus. So students won’t find it difficult to access the facilities of the library.
Timing: The library is open from morning to evening. So students can make a visit to the library after their classes or in their favorable time.
Atmosphere: The library maintains a silent ambiance for students. They can study here without any hassle.
Accessibility: The library offers the borrowing facilities for the students. So now the students can borrow the books for their studies.
Net Accessibility: One section of the library is facilitated by Internet Accessibility. So students can gather knowledge online as well as by using books.
: We have a high quality of Canteen for the students. We value our students. So we are concerned about their health. We provide high quality food with very hygiene for our students.
Our canteen service is as follows
: We maintain the hygiene quality of our food to keep the health for our students protected.
: The canteen is in the college campus. Students can get food every time here.
: Our College offers the course at very affordable rate. The fees are as follows:
Mode of Payment
Payment in India
- Payment for Admission Processing (to be paid in India): INR 1,40,000.00/-
Payment in Bangladesh:
- Amount Payable in 1st Year: USD $ 10,000
- Amount Payable in 2nd Year: USD $ 6,000
- Amount Payable in 3rd Year: USD $ 6,000
- Amount Payable in 4th Year: USD $ 6,000
- Amount Payable in 5th Year: USD $ 6,000
To help and guide the students in academic matters like studies, examination, attendance, and conduct, a batch of 10 students are placed under a teacher. Students are advised to meet their guide teacher frequently or whenever asked by the guide teacher. Private tuition by faculty members is not allowed.
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
3.Expulsion from the College, temporarily or permanent.
Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/Testimonial.
A student’s name may be removed from College Register under the following circumstances:
Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information. Disciplinary ground, on the advice of the Academic Council.
|1. Development Fee
|2. Five years (60 Months) Tution fee with accommodation for 5 years course (Extra fee will be charged if student failed to complete course within 60 months for accommodation)
|3. Admission Fees
|4. Tuition Feesa) Pre Clinical Class (200x 18)
b) Clinical Class (250×42)
|4. Lab Fees
|5. Others (Sports & Cultural Activities)
|6. Students Registration Fee
Southern Medical College includes their Hostel fee in their course fee. Students have to pay BDT –2,000/- per month as food charge.
All fees are non – refundable and to be paid at the time of admission.
A student has to submit an application form in order to gat admitted in Bangladesh Medical College. The application form is to be filled by the candidate himself to the Principle of the college during the office hours. The forms are available from the office of the college. Foreign students can download the form and submit it online.
Documents to be submitted along with the form
- Attested photocopies of all certificates &mark sheets.
- Four attested copies of recent passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Attested photocopy of the admit cards.
- Candidates of tribal population and/or non – tribal residents from hilly areas have to provide a certificate from the Headman (Cast Chief) & Deputy Commissioner will have to be enclosed.
Students who apply online should submit the scanned copy of the desired documents.
: We have 9 different departments. Our efficient Professors are expert in their respective field. We offer five years MBBS degree and a year of internship. The five years course is divided in three professional exams.
We have departments of
- Anatomy: a branch of biology concerned with the study of the structures of organisms and their parts.
- Physiology: A scientific study of normal mechanisms and their interactions within a living body.
- Biochemistry: Sometimes know as Biological chemistry, it is the study of chemical processing within and relating to living organisms.
- Pathology: A casual study of diseases.
- Community Medicine: A branch of medicine dealing with health care issues affecting communities as a whole.
- Microbiology: It is a study of microscopic organisms.
- Pharmacology: A branch of biology concerning with the study of drug action.
- Forensic Medicine: This study focuses on determining the cause of death by examining a corpse. This study helps in the process of investigation of a crime.
- Pediatric: A branch of medicine study dealing with the medical care of infants and children, the age limit is usually from birth to up to 18 – 21 years.