In 2003, BGC Trust Medical College was set up with the idea of providing a high standard of Medical Education, research and serving the people of the country in a moderate rate. The college received the approval from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of Bangladesh. The college is within the administration of Chaittagong University. The faculties are very efficient. This college is a nonprofit making educational institute.
- College Accomodation
- College Key Facilities
- College Library
- Application Procedure
- tudents Guide
- College Canteen
- Tution Fees Structure
- College Department
The college library is located in a spacious hall furnished with cool and silent atmosphere. The library is fairly enriched with reference books, text books, magazine and journals. It has about more than five thousands books with the latest editions and current journals which can provide up to date information to students and teachers.
There are two large reading rooms besides the library for the students, separate reading room for the teachers is also there. Book are issued to the students for reading and the students can also borrow books from the library against library cards. The library is open for the students from 8 am. to 9 pm.
The library has digital section equipped with a number of computers with internet access on line medical journals.
A candidate seeking admission to the BGC Trust Medical College must submit an application in the prescribed form and duly filled in by himself/herself to the Principal, BGC Trust Medical College during office hours. An application can also submit to the BGC Trust (Corporate Office), 1675 O.R. Nazam Road, Chittagong or to Dhaka office 139, Motijheel C/A (12 Floor), Dhaka.
Prospectus and application forms are available at the office of the Principal, BGC Trust Medical College, BGC Biddyanagar, or BGC Trust (Corporate Office) or Dhaka office on payment of Tk. 1000/- including VAT or US$ 15 in cash.
Enclosures to be submitted along with the prescribed & duly filled in application form
- Photocopies of all certificates & mark sheets (attested)
- Four copies of recent passport size photograph of the candidate (attested)
- Photocopy of the admit card provided by the DGHS (attested)
- For candidates seeking relaxation as candidates of tribal population and/or non-tribal inhabitants of hill districts, a certificate from the Headman (Cast Chief) & Deputy Commissioner will have to be enclosed along with the application form.
- Individual teacher is assigned for each student who guides the student for his academic/non academic affairs. Performance of every student is monitored and improved individually through guide teacher and class teachers. Individual student is assessed and scored every month taking into consideration academic performances like attendance in classes, performance in card, item, examination, library work and other related academic & non-academic activities inside and outside of the campus. Guardians are communicated every 3 months about the score/performance of their wards. Guardians are free to talk to the Principal in the campus during office hours and can discuss any matter related to their wards progress. When the situation demands, arrangements for meeting of the guardians with principal are organized in the city campus beyond the office hours.
|Payment in Bangladesh||USD ($)||INR (रु)(Approx)|
|Total Payable in 5 years||32,000||21,12,000|
|Please note that if Government of Bangladesh and/or the Chittagong University impose any other cost in future (tax, levy or any other form) students have to pay accordingly.|
|Internship Year (Bangladesh / India)|
|Foreign Students willing to undergo internship at the Affiliated Hospital of BGC Trust Medical College might get a stipend which is as per discretion of the College.|
|· Fees may change as per College rules or dollar rates. All payments of Tuition Fees are payable to BGC Trust Medical College Directly by Swift Transfer.
· Parents are advised not to hand over any tuition fees to the consultancy or agency that is doing their wards admission. College will not be held responsible if parents pay tuition fees to any other source other than the college account mentioned in the Admission Letter.
· Other Expenses (Food , airfare, resident permit, exam fee, buying books or bones etc) to be borne by the students directly.
. All payments in India should be made in the A/c of ASPIRING LIFE CONSULTANTS PVT LTD By Cheque/ DD
Department: We have 27 different departments which include almost all the genres of medical study. We have efficient Professors who are expert in their respective field. We offer five years MBBS degree and a year of internship. The five years course is divided in three professional exams.
We offer studies in:
1.Anatomy: a branch of biology concerned with the study of the structures of organisms and their parts.
2. Physiology: A scientific study of normal mechanisms and their interactions within a living body.
3. Biochemistry: Sometimes know as Biological chemistry, it is the study of chemical processing within and relating to living organisms.
4. Pathology: A casual study of diseases.
5. Community Medicine: A branch of medicine dealing with health care issues affecting communities as a whole.
6. Microbiology: It is a study of microscopic organisms.
7. Pharmacology: A branch of biology concerning with the study of drug action.
8. Forensic Medicine: This study focuses on determining the cause of death by examining a corpse. This study helps in the process of investigation of a crime.
9. Medicine: It encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by prevention and treatment.
10. Neuro Medicine: It is a bunch of medicine used as prevention to the disorders of the nervous system.
11. Surgery: An ancient medical specialty that uses operative manual and instrumental techniques to investigate a disease or injury.
12. Nephrology: A special medicine and pediatrics concerning with the study of different kind of kidney problems.
13. Pediatric: A branch of medicine study dealing with the medical care of infants and children, the age limit is usually from birth to up to 18 – 21 years.
14. Ophthalmology: It is a study which deals with the diseases of an eyeball.
15. ENT: ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat. The ENT study deals with the problems of Ear, Nose and Throat.
16. Orthopedic Surgery: Orthopedic Surgery is a brunch of surgery concerning with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system.
17. Cardiology: This study deals with the disorders of heart and circulatory system.
18. Gynaecology & Obesity: Gynaecology is the study of physiology and medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to women and girls, especially those affecting the reproductive system. Obesity is a study which helps to reduce the state of being grossly fat or overweight.
19. Dermatology: Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases.
20. Gastroenterology: It is the study of the branch of medicine which deals with disorders of the stomach and intestines.
21. Neuro Surgery: It is a study of a medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, surgical treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
22. Psychiatry: Psychiatry is the medical specialty devoted to the diagnosis, prevention, study, and treatment of mental disorders.
23. Radiology & Imaging: It is a study of diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using medical imaging techniques, such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and many more.
24. Radiotherapy & Oncology: Radiotherapy is a study of using radiation, such as x-rays, gamma rays, electron beams or protons, to kill cancer cells or damage them so they cannot grow or multiply. Oncology is the study and treatment of tumors.
25. Urology: It is the branch of medicine study that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs.
26. Transfusion Medicine: It is the branch of medicine study that is concerned with transfusion of blood and blood components.
27. Anesthesiology: It is the practice of medicine dedicated to the relief of pain and total care of the surgical patient before, during and after surgery.
Library is open from 8am to 8pm on all working days of the week except Friday. The Library is closed on national holidays. Students are allowed to read in the library. Students have the permission to borrow books from the library.
What facilities students will get in the library?
There are lots of facilities a student will get here:
Enough Space: The College has a modern fully air conditioned library located on the first floor. The library has a collection of over 6674 books including expensive latest monographs. It subscribes 16 international medical journals on an annual basis.
Location: It is located in the college campus. So students won’t find it difficult to access the facilities of the library.
Timing: The library is open from morning to evening. So students can make a visit to the library after their classes or in their favorable time.
Atmosphere: The library maintains a silent ambiance for students. They can study here without any hassle.
Accessibility: The library offers the borrowing facilities for the students. So now the students can borrow the books for their studies.
Net Accessibility: One section of the library is facilitated by Internet Accessibility. So students can gather knowledge online as well as by using books.
This College has separate hostel accommodation for male and female students. The hostel is within the college campus and it takes only a few minutes to reach the college. The rooms are well designed and suitable for students to stay. The authority offers the hostel at low cost. Students can stay the whole educational year in colleges.
A student has to submit an application form in order to gat admitted in Bangladesh Medical College. The application form is to be filled by the candidate himself to the Principle of the college during the office hours. The forms are available from the office of the college. Foreign students can download the form and submit it online.
Documents to be submitted along with the form:
1. Attested photocopies of all certificates &mark sheets.
2. Four attested copies of recent passport size photograph of the candidate.
3. Attested photocopy of the admit cards.
4. Candidates of tribal population and/or non – tribal residents from hilly areas have to provide a certificate from the Headman (Cast Chief) & Deputy Commissioner will have to be enclosed.
Students who apply online should submit the scanned copy of the desired documents. Director General Health Services (DGHS) office at Mohakhali, Dhaka would issue "Equivalence Certificate" for the students. Students have to submit a BDT 2000 bank draft in favor of DGHS and original certificates and mark sheets to DGHS office in order to get it.
College Students’ Guide:
To help and guide the students in academic matters like studies, examination, attendance, and conduct, a batch of 10 students are placed under a teacher. Students are advised to meet their guide teacher frequently or whenever asked by the guide teacher. Private tuition by faculty members is not allowed.
College Discipline :
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
3.Expulsion from the College, temporarily or permanent. Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/Testimonial. A student's name may be removed from College Register under the following circumstances: Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information. Disciplinary ground, on the advice of the Academic Council.
We have a high quality of Canteen for the students. We value our students. So we are concerned about their health. We provide high quality food with very hygiene for our students.
Our canteen service is as follows:
Quality: We maintain the hygiene quality of our food to keep the health for our students protected.
Location: The canteen is in the college campus. Students can get food every time here.
Tuition Fees: Our College offers the course at very affordable rate. The fees are as follows:
Hostel fee and Food charge
Bangladesh Medical College includes their Hostel fee and Food charge together. Students have to pay BDT – 3,000/- per month.
All fees are non – refundable and to be paid at the time of admission.