Central Medical College started its journey in the session 2004 – 2005. This is a renowned medical college in Bangladesh. The college was founded to respond the global change happening in the sectors of medical treatment and studies. The college is under the affiliation of the Dhaka University. The faculties are very efficient.
- Accomodation Facilities
- College Canteen
- College Library
- Student Guide
- College Tuition Fees
- Hostel Key Facilities
- Application Process
- College Department
This College has separate hostel accommodation for male and female students. The hostel is within the college campus and it takes only a few minutes to reach the college. The rooms are well designed and suitable for students to stay. The authority offers the hostel at low cost. Students can stay the whole educational year in colleges.
We have a high quality of Canteen for the students. We value our students. So we are concerned about their health. We provide high quality food with very hygiene for our students.
Our canteen service is as follows:
Quality: We maintain the hygiene quality of our food to keep the health for our students protected.
Location: The canteen is in the college campus. Students can get food every time here.
Library is open from 8am to 8pm on all working days of the week except Friday. The Library is closed on national holidays. Students are allowed to read in the library. Students have the permission to borrow books from the library.
What facilities students will get in the library?
There are lots of facilities a student will get here:
Enough Space: The College has a modern fully air conditioned library located on the first floor. The library has a collection of over 6674 books including expensive latest monographs. It subscribes 16 international medical journals on an annual basis.
Location: It is located in the college campus. So students won’t find it difficult to access the facilities of the library. Timing: The library is open from morning to evening. So students can make a visit to the library after their classes or in their favorable time.
Atmosphere: The library maintains a silent ambiance for students. They can study here without any hassle.
Accessibility: The library offers the borrowing facilities for the students. So now the students can borrow the books for their studies.
Net Accessibility: One section of the library is facilitated by Internet Accessibility. So students can gather knowledge online as well as by using books.
To help and guide the students in academic matters like studies, examination, attendance, and conduct, a batch of 10 students are placed under a teacher. Students are advised to meet their guide teacher frequently or whenever asked by the guide teacher. Private tuition by faculty members is not allowed.
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence: 1.Warning 2.Fines 3.Expulsion from the College, temporarily or permanent. Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/Testimonial. A student's name may be removed from College Register under the following circumstances: Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information. Disciplinary ground, on the advice of the Academic Council.
A student has to submit an application form in order to gat admitted in Central Medical College. The application form is to be filled by the candidate himself to the Principle of the college during the office hours. The forms are available from the office of the college. Foreign students can download the form and submit it online.Documents to be submitted along with the form: 1. Attested photocopies of all certificates &mark sheets. 2. Four attested copies of recent passport size photograph of the candidate. 3. Attested photocopy of the admit cards. 4. Candidates of tribal population and/or non – tribal residents from hilly areas have to provide a certificate from the Headman (Cast Chief) & Deputy Commissioner will have to be enclosed. Students who apply online should submit the scanned copy of the desired documents.
1. Anatomy: a branch of biology concerned with the study of the structures of organisms and their parts.
2. Physiology: A scientific study of normal mechanisms and their interactions within a living body.
3. Biochemistry: Sometimes know as Biological chemistry, it is the study of chemical processing within and relating to living organisms.
4. Pathology: A casual study of diseases.
5. Community Medicine: A branch of medicine dealing with health care issues affecting communities as a whole.
6. Microbiology: It is a study of microscopic organisms.
7. Pharmacology: A branch of biology concerning with the study of drug action.
8. Forensic Medicine: This study focuses on determining the cause of death by examining a corpse. This study helps in the process of investigation of a crime.
9. Medicine: It encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by prevention and treatment.
10. Neuro Medicine: It is a bunch of medicine used as prevention to the disorders of the nervous system.
11. Surgery: An ancient medical specialty that uses operative manual and instrumental techniques to investigate a disease or injury.
12. Nephrology: A special medicine and pediatrics concerning with the study of different kind of kidney problems.
13. Pediatric: A branch of medicine study dealing with the medical care of infants and children, the age limit is usually from birth to up to 18 – 21 years.
14. Ophthalmology: It is a study which deals with the diseases of an eyeball.
15. ENT: ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat. The ENT study deals with the problems of Ear, Nose and Throat.
16. Orthopedic Surgery: Orthopedic Surgery is a brunch of surgery concerning with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system.
17. Cardiology: This study deals with the disorders of heart and circulatory system.
18. Gynaecology & Obesity: Gynaecology is the study of physiology and medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to women and girls, especially those affecting the reproductive system. Obesity is a study which helps to reduce the state of being grossly fat or overweight.
19. Dermatology: Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases.
20. Gastroenterology: It is the study of the branch of medicine which deals with disorders of the stomach and intestines.
21. Neuro Surgery: It is a study of a medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, surgical treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
22. Psychiatry: Psychiatry is the medical specialty devoted to the diagnosis, prevention, study, and treatment of mental disorders.
23. Radiology & Imaging: It is a study of diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using medical imaging techniques, such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and many more.
24. Radiotherapy & Oncology: Radiotherapy is a study of using radiation, such as x-rays, gamma rays, electron beams or protons, to kill cancer cells or damage them so they cannot grow or multiply. Oncology is the study and treatment of tumors.
25. Urology: It is the branch of medicine study that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs.
26. Transfusion Medicine: It is the branch of medicine study that is concerned with transfusion of blood and blood components.
27. Anesthesiology: It is the practice of medicine dedicated to the relief of pain and total care of the surgical patient before, during and after surgery.