Student Guide of Southern Medical College & HospitalApril 13, 2017
Southern Medical College & Hospital Application ProcessApril 13, 2017
Department: We have 9 different departments. Our efficient Professors are expert in their respective field. We offer five years MBBS degree and a year of internship. The five years course is divided in three professional exams.
We have departments of:
- Anatomy: a branch of biology concerned with the study of the structures of organisms and their parts.
- Physiology: A scientific study of normal mechanisms and their interactions within a living body.
- Biochemistry: Sometimes know as Biological chemistry, it is the study of chemical processing within and relating to living organisms.
- Pathology: A casual study of diseases.
- Community Medicine: A branch of medicine dealing with health care issues affecting communities as a whole.
- Microbiology: It is a study of microscopic organisms.
- Pharmacology: A branch of biology concerning with the study of drug action.
- Forensic Medicine: This study focuses on determining the cause of death by examining a corpse. This study helps in the process of investigation of a crime.
- Pediatric: A branch of medicine study dealing with the medical care of infants and children, the age limit is usually from birth to up to 18 – 21 years.